Sometimes I feel I am a walking contradiction. A cacophony of opposing traits. A tiny ball of chaos that is obsessed with systems and order. Overflowing with love. Cries way too much. A pillar of strength, with the potential to crumble any second. Overly proud. Overly vulnerable. Filled with terror, yet as brave as can be. It’s very confusing.Tomorrow I am taking my son and myself on a wild adventure. We are off to Japan, and I am so thrilled to share this adventure with him. But I am full to the brim with conflicting emotions. Today it’s about 60% terror, 40% excitement. I’m expecting those figures to reverse tomorrow morning. I would never have planned in a million years to take him by myself. Alas, the universe has it’s own plan, and I’ve accepted that. That scared little girl that lives inside me knows she will need to be very brave, but I feel this experience will change that girl for good.
If we can do this, we can pretty much achieve ANYTHING!
Raw Salted Caramel Fudge
Raw, vegan, gluten free, paleo. With only 3 ingredients!
Makes one small slab. I cut mine into 12 squares.
Best stored in the freezer – if it lasts that long!
- 1 cup of macadamia nuts
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates (about 12 fresh dates)
- few pinches flaked salt
- Optional – sprinkles of seeds and cacao nibs
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place nut in a good food processor, and blitz until smooth.
- With the motor still running, add the dates one at a time. Blend together until you have a caramel-y paste.
- Place mixture in the prepared tin, smooth it down with a spatula.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt. Sprinkle with seeds/cacao nibs etc. if using.
- Place in the freezer to set for 2 – 3 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve.