Well, at long last here I am with a new recipe! Things have been hectic with book stuff, and well, all the side projects that come with it. I’ll expand this story (in the not too distant future!) and post links to all the new recipes I have developed for other awesome companies. But, while we wait I really had to share this little gem with you. It’s still cold and wintery here. Cauliflowers are cheap and plentiful, and turmeric is a natural anti inflammatory so it’s always welcome inside a tummy. Also, as always for my recipes, it’s ultra quick and easy. Enjoy! I have a few more recipes lined up so you’ll be hearing a bit more from me I promise : )
Golden Turmeric Cauliflower Soup
Serves 6 – 8
- 1/2 large cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 deseree potatoes, roughly chopped
- Glug of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger (optional, but delicious)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- boiling water
- salt and pepper
- 1 tin coconut cream
- few pinches chilli flakes
- Place large pot over medium heat and add a big splash of olive oil. Add the onion and a big pinch of salt and sauté for a few minutes.
- Stir in the turmeric powder and sauté for another minute.
- Add all the rest of the vegetables and the cumin, ginger, another few big pinches of salt and enough boiling water to only just reach the top of the veggies. Bring to the boil then reduce to low.
- Cook until all the vegetables are very soft and cooked through. Rover from heat and use a handheld blender to blend until completely smooth.
- Add the coconut cream and blend again. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle some chilli flakes over the top.