No time for words today unfortunately. Just a recipe. It is frustrating that I have all these things I’d like to say, but am struggling to find the time to say it! This is what I have been eating almost daily. It can hardly be classified as a recipe, more of an inspirational toast idea if you are looking for one. Nevertheless, it is awesome, and absolutely worth including here. And for those of you who remember, it could be considered as a very close relative of the much loved ‘Switch Board Special’.
Miso Toast with Egg, Avocado and Gomasio
Make a huge batch of gomasio, and sprinkle it on everything you eat for the rest of your life.
- 1 – 2 Tsp hatcho miso paste
- ¼ of an avocado
- 1 boiled egg (I use this method)
- 2 slices of rye bread, toasted
For the gomasio
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp nigella seeds
- 1 tsp flaked nori
- pinch of salt
- Make the gomasio by placing all the ingredients into a small skillet, and toasting over a high heat for a minute or two. Make sure you keep stirring or shaking the pan.
- Spread both pieces of the rye toast with hatcho miso, just as you might use vegemite.
- Place the boiled egg on one piece (cut in half and smooshed) and place slices of avocado on the other.
- Sprinkle a liberal amount of gomasio on both and serve.