Well, it’s been a long time between drinks. The truth is, is that it is far easier to share recipes via Instagram than it is here. But I still love this space, especially because it is easier to browse recipes, so I’m gonna do my best to keep this space alive and give it the love it deserves.
It’s lockdown here in Victoria, as I am sure many of you are aware. I’ve been in isolation almost the entire year. But I’m also days away from giving birth to my baby girl, and this pregnancy has been no picnic. Whilst everyone seems to be re-discovering the joys of cooking and baking during isolation, I have been avoiding the kitchen as much as possible – opening packets, ordering take out and enjoying food that’s been lovely prepared for me so I don’t have to. I did however, manage to find the motivation to create a gluten free version of something I’ve been craving ever since being diagnosed with coeliac disease – GOZLEME.
It’s fabulous and made me exceptionally happy. And worth reigniting this website for.
Gluten Free Spinach + Feta Gozleme
Recipe enough for 3 – 4 people
• 1 – 1 1/2 cups GF sr flour
• 3 Tbsp plain yoghurt
• 3 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 egg
• pinch or 2 of salt
• 1 spring onion sliced thin
• couple handfuls baby spinach
• 150g feta (sliced thin)
1. Place all dough ingredients (start with 1 cup of flour only) into an electric mixer with dough hook attached. Add more flour as required until it forms a smooth soft ball that is no longer sticky.
2. Remove dough and form into a rectangular disc. Cut into 4 equal rectangles.
3. Roll one disc into a rectangular shape. I find it helps to use 2 sheets of baking paper with flour scattered on it so they don’t stick.
4. Once you have it lovely and thin, place the feta in a single layer over half the dough. Scatter over some spring onion and a handful of baby spinach. Fold over the rest of the dough a press the edges to seal shut.
5. Heat a non stick pan over medium heat with a splash of olive oil. Grill gozleme until each side is golden and cooked through.
6. Repeat with the rest of the dough then cut each in half so you have 8 squares in total.
7. Optional: serve with a squeeze of lemon