Banquet style eating is popular in our house. It’s perfect if you’re feeding people with one or multiple dietary requirements, and also, an excellent way to present food to fussy eaters. I feel it kind of drops the anxiety when children (or adults!) are free to pick and choose what they like. We have the full gamut here – one coeliac, one vegetarian, one fussy teen, and a baby! I make a Greek style banquet regularly, and these potatoes, hands down are the most sought after dish on the table. They are crazy easy, so here’s the recipe my friends!
Greek Lemony Baked Potatoes
Gluten Free and Vegan
- 2 kg Potatoes, peeled and sliced into .5 – 1cm rounds
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced into .5cm half moons
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup veg (chicken ‘style’) stock
- juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (160C fan forced)
- Place onion in the bottom of a baking tray (mine is 20cm x 30)
- Place the slices of potatoes on top of the onion. Keep their form as picture above.
- Add the garlic, olive oil and a few good pinches of sea salt. Rub over the potatoes.
- Add the stock and the lemon juice then sprinkle over the oregano.
- Cover with foil and bake for an hour or until fully cooked, checking half way through. Add more hot water if they’re getting too dry.
Serves 4 – 6